Friday, April 12, 2013

Back to my Roots

So a few days ago I suddenly got so sick of my hair and desperately wanted to change it.
About time actually, since my hair is just an evolution from highlights, which grew out precisely when "ombre" became popular (perfect timing) so I had them kind of blended into my roots a few times and I even lightened the ends once. And I liked it for awhile, but for no real reason I just decided I was done.

So I made a hair appointment with my friend Jocelyn Brown (Amara Spa & Salon in Orem) and she happened to have a cancellation that next day!
So I booked it, without even knowing what I wanted to do.
I asked Bran 1,000 times and each response was "You'll look beautiful no matter what you do", "any of them will look great", and my personal favorite "you could cut your hair like Wayne from Wayne's World and wear a hat like him and still look beautiful". :)
So I decided what I wanted to do about an hour before the appointment and luckily Jocelyn knew exactly what I was saying. 
*Note: I went to bed with my hair wet and woke up late for work and remembered I had a hair appointment so I literally didn't even look at it and went to work, so apologies if I look like kind of a mess in the "before" pic. 

BEFORE:

AFTER:



She gave me layers again (mine had grown out) and basically brought my natural color down and then left the ends a little lighter. It'll wash out a little bit and the ends will lighten up some more too.

I'm loving it. I feel so much more comfortable now, if that makes sense. 
If anyone in the area needs a hair appointment you should go to Jocelyn at Amara, she's talented and we had a great time talking!

(Oh and if you're lucky you'll get the girl who is assisting to wash your hair and you'll be in for the scalp massage of your LIFE. I would have sat there all day if I could.)

No comments: