Friday, January 25, 2013

Adventures

Yesterday started out rough. 
I walked out of the house looking at my phone and therefore did not see that the whole world was covered in ice, including our front steps and the handrail.
 I promptly slid down them (trying to catch myself was futile, frozen handrail made sure of that) but don't worry, no major injuries. Just a bruised arm and a lil soreness. 
I somehow maneuvered my car all the way to work slipping and sliding the whole way, it's literally a miracle I didn't get in an accident (since so many others did) and a miracle I didn't fall on my butt walking into work. My work parking lot is on an incline so I literally did baby steps walking through the lot to get to work, all my co-workers were laughing because I looked ridiculous, but no way was I falling again.
Then after work Bran picked me up because we wanted to go to Animal Ark (we have a thing where we like to visit pet shops, what can I say we're animal people) and so we went and visited the bunnies and ferrets and a few chameleons, and fell in love with the 2 little bunnies they had there. One of them was racing around the cage wanting to play so bad, and the other one kept standing on his hind feet and falling backwards, and licking the glass on the cage. 
Bran had never really understood my love for bunnies but he gets it now.
Then we got back in the car to go home and whoops, car ran out of gas. 
Good thing we were really close to a couple gas stations, so we walked to the gas station and here's when the day started looking up. We got there RIGHT as they had just gotten a fresh delivery of Dunford doughnuts, my FAVORITE! So fresh and chocolatey and divine.
Basically if we hadn't run out of gas we wouldn't have been at that specific gas station as they had just gotten the fresh doughnuts in! 
That's what I call fate, people.

Also I can't stop watching this video... it reminds me of SO many of the guys I work with. 
You need to watch it immediately. 

 

No comments: