Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas 2012: Part 1

We went to my parents house in Vegas this year for Christmas, and let me tell you, we had a BLAST. We brought Kittykins and she actually did SO well on the drive, she just hunkered down under Brandon's seat and I kept forgetting we had a cat with us! 
I feel like we did so much, we were there from the 22nd through the 31st and there's no way I can fit all we did into one post, so welcome to our Christmas, part 1.

On Saturday night (the night we got into town) my parents threw a Christmas party. Surprisingly I don't have any pics from that, but we had a great time and we got to talk to all the neighbors and family friends, while stuffing our faces with delicious foods and treats. One of our neighbors brought their mother who is from England and we talked to her for probably a solid hour, she was lovely and sassy and invited us to stay with her if we're ever in England. :)

Sunday night we got together with Becca, Davis, Alyssa, Ally and Steve for our tradition of gingerbread house making! (well graham cracker house making)


Some serious talent right? 

Christmas Eve consisted of a drive down to Bellagio, which apparently was the idea of almost every other person in Vegas.
(We couldn't find a parking spot so my Dad so nicely drove around the parking lot while we snapped some pics.)




We then went home to make a delicious Christmas Eve dinner of prime rib and my Dad's famous french fries. Conversation mainly centered around my Dad's burgeoning business idea to open a french fry only stand at the mall.


After dinner there was some gingerbread house making, and when I say gingerbread house I again mean graham cracker house.


Then Christmas Eve pajama opening, of course!
Along with Brandon reading from Luke, Cody reading "The Night Before Christmas", and my Dad reading "The Cremation of Sam McGee" (none of us know why he likes to read that on Christmas eve, but we go with it.)


Don't worry, Kittykins got a new outfit too:



She surprisingly didn't mind it!

A few months ago we gave one of Kittykins babies to my family, his name was Cow Kitty, now known as Moo Moo.
Well Moo was fascinated by Kittykins, he kept trying to get close to her and just touch her, it was the cutest.
Kittykins finally warmed up to him and stopped hissing and trying to whack him and they had some tender naps together.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Christmas consisted of cinnamon rolls, presents, hot tubbing, napping, and then more eating.





A Merry Christmas was had by all...

No comments: