Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas: Part 2

The day after Christmas we did a little family bowling at the Red Rock. 
Brandon won but Christy was close behind.


 This is the "beauty" mode on my camera, don't we look so airbrushed!? haha


We also went to dinner with Becca, Davis, Harper (although she slept the whole time!) and Alyssa at BJ's. 
I seriously miss these ladies!



On Friday we decided to go sledding at Mt. Charleston. Lessons learned from this experience:

1. Only illegal immigrants go sledding at Mt. Charleston, because barely anyone spoke English.
2. Don't buy brand new plastic sleds, they'll last maybe 2 runs down the rocky hill and then they'll crack into a million pieces. 
3. The GoPro is awesome and is great at capturing video, but if you give it to me you'll probably just end up with HD video of my butt and close ups of my face. 





We have a video of this breaking in half, Cody was riding it and suddenly it exploded and he had to hold on to both pieces, it was hilarious.


My Dad got a GoPro camera for Christmas so we had to test it on the sled, it's a champ and the videos actually turn out really well.


B and I decided to go down to the strip one of the nights we were there, we went to City Center and browsed around. We walked around the Crystals shopping area which is where all the crazy expensive places are, Nanette Lepore, Harry Winston, etc. It was seriously beautiful, but nobody goes in those stores! How do they stay in business? I don't get it. 
We actually walked in one of them and looked around for 5 minutes or so, and didn't see one sales person. I guess they just leave stores unattended or something and go get dinner? Probably because they know you would never get away with stealing anything because of all the security.
They had a really cool display in the middle with all kinds of cyclones in these plastic tubes.





Aaaand we got to go to lunch with my friend Rachel and her boyfriend Michael. It was great because I haven't seen her in so long and we finally got a chance to catch up! 


No comments: